O'me O'life we live...

Voting

July 8, 2010

sunshine n' rainy days...




Well, Abbey pulled through her surgery with flying colors...she even got to come home just a few short hours after the procedure instead of spending the night at MCC. Good thing too because she sure was ready for her bed and her pillow! The past week has been filled with blankets, sunshine, and a few rainy days. Lucky for the kids, it was raining the whole time that Abbey was not permitted to swim or get wet...kept me from officiating WWIII. Kadin has been enjoying his sister and they both have been very sweet to each other...until this morning! It is good to see that I have very opinionated children that have no problem projecting a voice that can be heard! Well...they have their moments! Harley had a rough patch here last week and I am praying that my first born child will come to see me again, soon! She is so much like me...it is hard to meet her in the middle, like me...it is usually all or nothing! Gosh, I just love that girl to the depths of me and I want our relationship to improve...karma right?!? She is just so smart...and did I mention beautiful?!?



Our 4th of July was filled with sparklers and fireworks and wet kids running through the yard. Me and the wee ones went to visit Lee and Alaina, got some explosives, beverages, food, and had a blast kiddie-poolside! Abbey was a pro with the sparklers, KMan decided that it was not something that he should be into...with the fire and all! He did love the fireworks...after he saw them. Hearing a loud BOOM with no after-effects and colors kinda scared him a bit, but then the colors went flying through the sky and all fear was forgotten! Diddy had to work late but he was told adventurous tales of the evening by Abbey that night when we returned home. They both love that man...with no end. He has been singing and dancing in the rain with them all week...our little tree-huggin' hippie kids! We are blessed to live in a country where being free comes with the territory and having an open mind is a step in the right direction. :) The goodness of teaching them that there can still be sunshine on the rainy days...

No comments:

Post a Comment